Announcing… Vaccine Epidemic!
Louise Kuo Habakus, writer and analyst, and Mary Holland, research scholar at New York University School of Law, in conjunction with the Center for Personal Rights, Inc., a non-profit think tank and advocacy organization, present Vaccine Epidemic: How Corporate Greed, Biased Science, and Coercive Government Threaten Our Human Rights, Our Health, and Our Children.
Reviewed by Dr. Bernadine Healy
“There are unanswered questions about vaccine safety. We need studies on vaccinated populations based on various schedules and doses as well as individual patient susceptibilities that we are continuing to learn about. No one should be threatened by the pursuit of this knowledge. Vaccine policy should be the subject of frank and open debate, with no tolerance for bullying. There are no sides—only people concerned for the well-being of our children.”
—Bernadine Healy, M.D., former director, National Institutes of Health (NIH), and current health editor, U.S. News & World Report
Vaccine Epidemic Brings You the Real Story about Dr. Andrew Wakefield and the State of Vaccine Safety Science If you are scratching your head about the British Medical Journal’s big story last week and the extraordinary treatment that Dr. Andrew Wakefield has been receiving in the mainstream press, including CNN, Fox News, the New York Times, and the Washington Post, you are not alone. Vaccine Epidemic explains what’s really going on and why the global vaccine establishment is so hopping mad.
• NYU research scholar Mary Holland answers the question “Who is Dr. Andrew Wakefield?” with a succinct review of the relevant events and the charges against him, and the reasons they do not stand up. Learn how Dr. Wakefield is the latest in a long line of dissidents, challenging scientific orthodoxy and being punished because his views profoundly threaten conventional wisdom.
• Epidemiologist Dr. Carol Stott and Dr. Wakefield present “A Call for More Research,” an excellent summary of the state of vaccine safety science today. The authors review new peer-reviewed research and meta analyses that raise grave concerns about the wisdom of current U.S. vaccination policy. Learn information that the government and the media do not want to you to hear about the inadequacy of vaccine safety science—in the words of the Institute of Medicine and other venerable sources.
• Dr. Wakefield, in his own words and uninterrupted by rude journalists and paid industry spokespeople with an agenda tells his own story in “The Suppression of Science.” He is not who you may have heard. For example, he is not anti-vaccine—he encouraged parents to vaccinate against measles, mumps and rubella using separate shots; it was the British government who took away that option, leading to a drop in MMR vaccination rates. Learn more of the facts in this insightful and personal chapter.
These chapters, and 23 others, connect the dots about this long-standing controversy that will not go away. Vaccine Epidemic explains how people concerned about many individual topics in this debate including:
• conflicts of interest and undue influence of the pharmaceutical industry
• increased compulsory vaccination for day care, secondary school, and college admission, employment, and immigration
• mandated anthrax and other vaccinations required by the military
• biochemistry of injected mercury and thimerosal, especially in babies
• deaths and devastating injury after human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination (Gardasil and Cervarix) for young girls and boys
• hepatitis B vaccination for newborns
• swine flu “pandemic” of 2010
• the myth of herd immunity, including persistent outbreaks among the vaccinated
• allegations of “medical neglect” and forced child removal involving vaccination
• thousands of families who witnessed their children’s regression into autism after vaccination, and more…
… are all asking similar questions and coming up against the same limitations of the state of the science. You will then understand why established vaccine interests feel compelled to make big news about an old story and relaunch an unprecedented character assassination of a courageous man who has already paid the highest professional price possible by telling this inconvenient truth: we need more science.
Stay tuned and you’ll hear more. Vaccine Epidemic tells you what the big story is really about.
Groundbreaking Handbook on Vaccination Choice
Nearly all Americans receive vaccines. The federal government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) currently recommends 70 doses of sixteen different vaccines between birth and age eighteen, and all fifty states mandate between 30 and 45 doses of vaccines for admission to day care and school.
Public health officials state that vaccines are safe and effective, but the truth is far more complicated. Vaccination is a serious medical intervention that always carries the potential to injure and cause death as well as to prevent disease. Coercive vaccination policies deprive people of free and informed consent—the hallmark of ethical medicine. National polls show that Americans are increasingly concerned about vaccine safety and the right to make individual, informed choices together with their healthcare practitioners. Vaccine Epidemic focuses on the searing debate surrounding individual and parental vaccination choice in the United States.
Louise Kuo Habakus and Mary Holland edit and introduce a diverse array of interrelated topics concerning the explosive vaccine controversy, including:
• The human right to vaccination choice
• The ethics and constitutionality of vaccination mandates
• Personal narratives of parents, children, and soldiers who have suffered vaccine injury
• Vaccine safety science and evidence-based medicine
• Corrupting conflicts of interest in the national vaccine program
What should parents do? A review of eight advice books on vaccines that span the gamut
Featuring more than twenty experts from the fields of ethics, law, science, medicine, business, and history, Vaccine Epidemic urgently calls for reform. It is the essential handbook for the vaccination choice movement and required reading for all people contemplating vaccination for themselves and their children.
Available Early February: Pre-Order Today
Pre-order now to reserve your copy. Our book ships from the printer to warehouses on January 13. Order today and it could be in your hands by the end of this month. And consider buying two copies. Not only will you get free shipping, but once you start reading, we guarantee you’ll want to talk about it.
NYC Book Launch Event on February 17, 2010
Join us on Thursday, February 17 at 6:00 pm at New York University School of Law for the public and media launch of Vaccine Epidemic. The event will include a presentation, panel discussion, and Q&A with the editors and several of the contributing authors, including Dr. Andrew Wakefield, Michael Belkin, Dr. Sherri Tenpenny, Dr. Annemarie Colbin, and Kim Mack Rosenberg, JD. We welcome attendees from all sides of the vaccine debate—we want to foster dialogue on these critical issues.
More details will follow. Since the event is open to all, please register as soon as possible to confirm your attendance. It will allow us to plan for space and security requirements and to create a waitlist, if necessary.
Books will be available for purchase. Bring your copy to be signed, or buy one there (cash only). Many of you have told us that you are planning to stock up—contact us for volume purchases over 10 books. It’s the perfect baby shower gift, and don’t forget one each for your children’s pediatrician and school nurse!
Keep in Touch with Us. Sign up for our mailing list so you can receive breaking news about our book and related events.
If you can’t join us in Manhattan next month, check back often on the Vaccine Epidemic website to find out if we’ll be in your neck of the woods soon. If you would like to plan an event or sell books at a university, conference, or workshop, write us with your ideas. Send us the name of a local bookstore and we can help you set it up.
As you read the book, we want to hear from you. Tell us what you think. Post a review on Amazon. Talk it up on Facebook and Twitter. Add it to your book club list. Ask your professor to add it to curricula for public health, law, philosophy, history and other coursework. It’s time to start a national conversation on the real story… the human right to vaccination choice.
Hope to see many of you very soon!
Louise Kuo Habakus
©2011 Vaccine Epidemic | 244 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10001